Chicken Bakmoy (Chicken Tofu Stew)
Whenever I remember my childhood favorite food, I will try to remember the taste and try to cook it.
This dish has some different style in cooking. And this is what I had when I was a kid.
I like it. Why? Simple! Because I love tofu!
I have been wanting to try this but I always forget at the end. I bought chicken and planned to make Chicken Soto (Chicken yellow soup). But then, my mind remind me that chicken Bakmoy is waiting to be tried!
And here it is. My childhood style Chicken Bakmoy!
It is nice! My family like it! Why don't you try it!
The recipe? Here it is for you to try!
- 3 pcs chicken thighs
- 1 cm Ginger (Smashed)
- 1 Spring Onion
- 2 Lemon Grass
- 2 cloves Shallots (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlics (minced/Slice - preference)
- 1 Firm Tofu (cut cube and fry)
- 1 tbs Soy Sauce
- 1 tbs Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbs Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 Spring Onions (Slice into small)
- Chicken Stock (from boiling the chicken)
- Cooking oil
- In a big pan, boil chicken together with spring onion, lemon grass and ginger. Boil for 1.5-2 hours. Put aside and let it cool down.
- Cut chicken into cubes, put aside.
- Keep the chicken stock in one small bowl.
- Heat the pan, add cooking oil.
- Deep Fry tofu, put aside.
- Heat the pan, add cooking oil, add in shallots, until it smells nice, add in minced garlics. Mix until it looks a little bit golden, add in chicken. Mix well.
- Add in Tofu, mix and add in soy sauce, sweet soy sauce and Oyster Sauce. Mix Well.
- At the end, add in a bowl of chicken stock.
- Sprinkle with sliced spring onion
- Add fried Onions (Optional)
- Ready to serve.
Again, another simple dish for your family.
I hope you enjoy it!
-The Lazy Mom-