As I promised on my previous post (http://www.lazymomcooking.com/2016/06/ice-cendol-trial.html) I will post the recipe of Ice Cendol! I did make before but the shape is not good though the taste was there.
For this summer, we really need something refreshing! And here I tried to make again and the shape is there, finally!
It will need more time to make it but it is all worth it! Try it!
Find the recipe below:
Ingredients For Cendol:
- 150 gr Hun Kwe Flour
- 120 gr White Rice Flour
- 30 gr Tapioca Starch
- 9 sdm sugar
- 1200 ml water
- Green food coloring
- Ice water
Ingredients for Palm Sugar Syrup:
- 100 ml water
- 200 gr Palm sugar (slice)
Ingredients for Coconut Milk:
- 400 ml coconut milk
Methods for Cendol:
- In a bowl, Mix Hun kwe flour, white rice flour and tapioca starch and also sugar. Mix well.
- Prepare a pan and add 1200 ml water, add in the mix flour into the water and stir. Add the green food coloring.
- Turn on the stove and keep stir until it is cooked! The color will become kind of clear green.
- When it is all cooked, put aside.
- Take a big bowl with Ice water in it, and use the Cendol Mold (I don't have it so I use soup colander spoon - see the picture below), take scoop per scoop to shape the cendol and let the cendol fall into the ice water.
- Do it until all finish.
- Leave it in the cold water and wrap it and keep it in the refrigerator. The purpose to make the shape firm.
Method for Palm sugar syrup:
- Meanwhile, heat the pan and add 100ml water and add the palm sugar. Stir and until it is boil (you can make it thicker if you want, it is preference)
- Put aside.
Method for Coconut Milk:
- Boil the coconut milk and add salt. You can add water too if you want. It is preference.
Once everything ready, Take a glass, add ice cubes and add cendol (without the water), add palm sugar and at the end add coconut milk. Mix it and it is ready to be served!
-The Lazy Mom-