Sweet and Sour Crab (Kepiting Asam Manis)
I have been cooking so many dishes with crabs! But then I wanted to try something new and since I cooked Sweet and Sour Prawn, then I tempted to cook sweet and sour Crab! It sounds the same! Sweet and Sour. But we will use slightly different ingredients.
I was afraid if it didn't come out well, but surprisingly, my family love it so much! Especially my husband and my friend who joined us for dinner on that time!
So why don't you try it!
Find the recipe below:
Sweet Sour Crab
2 Dungeness Crabs - Boil and clean it.
4 cloves Shallots (Thinly slice)
6 cloves garlic (Minced)
1 Onion (cut into small cubes)
Parsley (Cut into small) - Optional
150 ml water
2 tbs Oyster Sauce
2 tbs Tomato Sauce
2 tbs Soy Sauce
3 tbs Sweet Soy Sauce
1 tsp Salt
- Cover crabs which have been cleaned with the water of limes. Put aside for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Heat the Wok and add cooking oil. Fry Onion together with garlics and shallots, mixed well until smell nice and the color change.
- Add all the sauce ingredients and add water and mix well until the sauce become thicker.
- Add crabs and mix well. Make sure it has been mix well!
- Keep mix it until it boil and thicker. Sprinkle parsley on top of it and ready to be served!
Tips: It will be nicer to eat with warm steam rice!!!
Try and Enjoy it!
- Happy Cooking -
The Lazy Mom